Title: Development Manager
Status: Exempt, full-time
General Description: Florida Conservation Voters is a statewide advocacy and political organization. We are part of a network of 30 state leagues and the national League of Conservation Voters, which fights to protect our environment. We advocate for sound environmental policies, elect environmental champions, and hold those who stand in our way accountable. We are committed to ensuring fair and just participation in the electoral process by all Floridians, and we believe that access to voting is an essential foundation for citizens to engage in other issues, from safe drinking water to healthy communities to affordable clean energy.
The Development Manager is a new position to help implement FCV’s fundraising programs, including collaboration between FCV and the National LCV joint fundraising efforts. The Development Manager will design and implement the FCV-LCV integrated fundraising strategy in coordination with FCV’s Executive Director, Senior level LCV Staff and the Major Gift Officer. She/He will also support FCV’s Executive Director, Major Gift Officer, and LCV Principals in all fundraising activities, and work closely with the FCV Board of Directors to meet the joint fundraising goals.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, Major Gift Officer and LCV Senior staff, write and implement a highly strategic and thoughtful integrated development plan.
- Prepare written joint development materials including case for support, impact reports, event invitations, online and direct mail fundraising appeals, and other fundraising content as needed.
- Coordinate with FCV Executive Director and LCV Senior staff to support the Major Gift Officer & Executive Director in executing the major gift portion of the fundraising plan, including conducting donor research and supporting donor strategy.
- Meet fundraising plan objectives, goals and timelines:
- Plan and execute events, including signature annual event, house parties, point-of-entry events, and coordinate with FCV and LCV staff on GiveGreen events.
- Work with FCV Board members to develop individual board engagement plans.
- Together with FCV Executive Director and LCV senior staff, analyze effectiveness of development plan to ensure fundraising goals are being met. Provide reports to all members of the fundraising team.
- Partner with FCV and LCV digital communications staff to coordinate and integrate membership, stewardship, direct mail, and online fundraising.
- Work closely with staff to develop a culture of fundraising within the organization, and help ensure that all fundraising activities are integrated and functioning smoothly between FCV and LCV.
- Maintain the EveryAction database.
- Prepare acknowledgements and other thank you notes to the board and donors.
- Five+ years progressively responsible experience in managing a fundraising program with experience managing-up.
- Passion for the environment: clean water, public lands and healthy communities.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Proven track record of identifying, qualifying, soliciting and stewarding donors.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- High-level of professionalism and drive, with an enthusiasm and passion for delivering results.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highly detailed, organized and ability to multi-task high priority items.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Intimate knowledge of EveryAction or NGP VAN.
- Able to occasionally work long hours to get the job done—but with flex time after; ability and willingness to travel.
This position is based in Florida with strong preference given to the following cities: Tallahassee, Orlando, and Miami.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and 3 references to jobs @ fcvoters.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Position open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $50,000 to $65,000.
FCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to an Equitable, Inclusive, and Diverse Workplace.